Twitter is offering some of its most influential users a cut of the money it makes off of their posts in a push to populate the platform with more in-house video.
Starting Tuesday, publishers and other high-profile accounts will be able to mark a box on each video tweet they send indicating that they’d like to tack on a pre-roll promotion, the social network announced. Twitter will then share with them a portion of the revenue it collects on those ads.
The Amplify Publisher Program provides approved creators in the US with the ability to monetize their videos, which is as simple as “checking a box” prior to Tweeting. Pre-roll ads will then run against the content and a portion of the ad revenue is then shared back with creator.
Program benefits include:
- Industry leading revenue share model
- Complete opt-in control / flexibility. Program participants can either elect to opt-in videos Tweet-by-Tweet, or pre-set monetization for all of their videos
- Content can be opted-in for monetization 100% non-exclusively, meaning creators can elect to monetize it on Twitter as well as other platforms
Anyone can apply, but Twitter is particularly looking for users with content and audiences that are of interest to brands.
How to get started? Easy!
- For Desktop, visit studio.twitter.com for Media Studio access. For those not already signed-up, you can apply for access here.
- For Mobile, download the Twitter Engage app, click on the “Earnings” tab, and sign-up for theAmplify Publisher Program and Niche directly within the app to see if you are eligible. The updates will be reflected in the App Store in the coming days.